Thursday, August 11, 2011

100 DAYS

I woke up this morning feeling tired and un-rested. Sleeping comfortably has been a challenge as of late but it hasn't been too bad. With each passing day the baby gets stronger, more active (longer periods of time, more times throughout the day), and my belly gets bigger. Ryan measured my belly the other night (I forgot to ask what the measurement was at my last midwife appointment) and it's measuring right on point. 25cm. I will be 26 weeks along this Saturday.



Which Means:

Today marks only 100 more days until the due date. Now I know the baby could come before or after the due date but still... 100 days. In any other situation, 100 days may seem like a ways away - some how now, the 100 days seems like it will be here in a blink of an eye. I am growing anxious. I just want to meet this little baby. I am also thinking a lot about labor and delivery. I have a great partner who I know will be supportive and kind. I have a Douala as well which I am grateful for her experience and coaching. She has 5 kids so she has done this a time or two. Having these two people in the room to encourage, support, comfort and help me through is a great gift. My only worry is that I will have a long labor and have nothing left in the tank when it's time to deliver.

My year and half of CrossFit training has taught me that when I think there is nothing left, dig a little deeper and I will find more. I am stronger than I think I am and my body was meant to do these things. Those thoughts/learnings can certainly apply to labor and delivery - I just need to remember them when I am in the moment. I have never been the most self confident person so I am hoping this experience will help me learn how to trust in myself, my skills, my instincts, and my abilities.

So there are my deep thoughts for this post. The more I prepare and think/weigh options and plan for labor and delivery the better I will feel. So am researching and asking and taking notes every step of the way.

The fun facts:
* My belly measures 25cm - right on target
* I have gained a total of 20lbs -while I am grateful that it is all up front (boobs and belly) my lower back is not so grateful.
* Sleeping comfortably has become a challenge for both me and Ryan (poor guy)
* Baby shower is in a few weeks, I can't wait - my sisters (to include D) and Mom are the best!
* Next Midwife appt is 9/9

Thanks for checking in!

This is a pic taken last week of Ruby resting her head against the baby bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment