Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I don't get it!

This post has nothing to do with the baby - sorry but I have to get this off my chest.

I have seen a lot of people on Facebook and Twitter use the acronym "FML". For those who aren't familiar with the meaning  - It's, Fu*k My Life.

If you are reading this and you are one of those people who use this or have used it - please don't take offense to what I am about to say - I am just trying to offer a little more perspective and maybe something to think about the next time you think your life is beyond manageable.

I am pretty sure none of my FB friends are homeless (If they are they have not been broadcasting it). They have a roof over their heads. They all have a computer at least. If not, they have a cell phone, most have smart phones, or an IPad. They have, TV's, cable, cars, etc.  Most have a list of friends on FB in the hundreds. They have clothes to wear and food to eat. That's a long list of things that some people don't have, wished they had, dream about having one day. I know I don't have some of those things on the list. With that said - most of them also have the usual downs in life. Finances, medical hurdles, romantic issues, disagreements with friends, etc.

My point - in an effort not to rant because that is not my intention - no one is without their problems. Not one person in your life isn't dealing with an issue or concern of their own. For those that use the FML,  are your issues or concerns that dire that it dictates a FML? From what I have read - I would say no.

Look around you, take stock in what you have. Focus on that and not what you feel you are without! I bet you will be surprised to find that you have more in your life to appreciate. It's easy to focus on what you don't have and lose site of what you do have. My intention for this post is to encourage those people to refocus their efforts on the positive.

There is a saying, "You get what you give" and that's not strictly referring to what you physically give, such as time, clothing, food, monetary donations... it also includes attitude. If you are giving off a negative attitude you can count on being met with negativity (think about it, there is also a saying "when it rains it pours" - could that have come about because those people are only seeing the current storm, and nothing else). Try meeting difficult situations with positivity and see what happens. We all fall, get blind sided, and feel like we get dealt a sh!ty hand at times.

You cannot control what happens to you but you can control, 100%, how you react to what happens to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment